Would you consider yourself someone who goes out of their way to help others? If so, give yourself a little pat on the back.
In helping those in need, you not only give them the help they need at the time, but you should feel good about you.
That said what happens when that needed help is in the form of medical help? Will you be ready to deliver?
When Medical Help is Necessary
If you have to give medical help to a family member, friend or even a stranger, will you answer the call?
Yes, medical help can come in all different kinds of forms.
For instance, what to do if one you come across is having trouble breathing and even has chest pains? Would you know how to deliver them the help they need at the time?
In knowing CPR, you could be the difference maker when it comes to someone being okay and them even dying.
So, having CPR certification in Sacramento or elsewhere where you live is important.
You might find surprise to learn that you can do CPR certification online. Yes, going on the web and getting your official certification is a bonus for you and those you may end up saving one day.
In another scenario, how would you react if you came across one who had injured themselves in a serious fall?
While checking vital signs should always be the first train of thought; there are other keys. They include:
· Is the person able to breathe on their own?
· Are there any noticeable signs of bleeding?
· Do not give someone something to drink right away. They could end up having trouble swallowing and thus choking.
· Can the person communicate with you?
· Does the person have I.D. on them? That identification may also have information about medications etc.
Getting on the Internet to Learn More
While some items you come across on the web are in essence a waste of time, many others can prove valuable over time.
As an example, learn about any of the following scenarios and how you might be able to help someone:
· Helping someone who has been in a serious auto accident
· Helping someone who is on fire and suffering serious burns
· Helping someone who is having problems breathing
· Helping someone who has fallen and may have suffered a concussion etc.
· Helping one unable to breathe after being underwater for an extended period of time
In looking for such information on the Internet, you can use a myriad of websites.
Along with specific medical sites also look to blogs.
Some discuss how to respond to a car accident, if one swallowed too many pills, and how to help one who drank a substance. With that last one, it could very well be a child who got into a cabinet in the home. In doing so, he or she was able to get the cap off of a bottle of dangerous liquids when not used in the right manner.
As you look at ways to best help others, will you be there in that person’s time of need?